The PC Moderator is an electronic device that helps parents of teenagers set and maintain limits on computer use. With no software to install, it can be attached to most desktop computers by anyone in less than 5 minutes (requires no computer knowledge). It attaches and locks to the computer where the video display and keyboard connect and unlike software, can't be easily or secretly defeated by tech-savvy teens.
Setup is easy. Power up the computer, log in to Windows and waits for the operating system to load. Then simply press a few keystrokes and the PC Moderator automatically runs its built-in setup program. Answer the questions one-by-one to set the time, passwords and the limits for each child. A tutorial then walks you through the product features and screens. Settings can be easily and quickly changed by parents at any time. The PC Moderator can even be setup on one computer and then installed on another.
|The PC Moderator's cover slides off allowing the base to be plugged in and secured to the computer's video port with two set screws. The replaced cover and base are locked with the supplied padlock preventing access to the screws.
PCM-1 VGA - ($89.95) Computer with VGA video port but with no DVI ports.
· Desktop computer with VGA video port and NO DVI ports.
· Display with VGA input.
· PS/2 Keyboard or USB keyboard with available USB Port (USB Upgrade Kit required)
· Windows 95, 98, 2000, XP, NT, ME, Vista, Unix, Linux, DOS Operating Systems
USB Upgrade Kit - ($19.95) Allows PC Moderator VGA (above) to be used with computer systems with a USB keyboard and have an available USB 1.0 or later USB ports. Include PS/2 to USB adapter and login keypad. INCLUDED WITH DVI MODELS.
|PCM-DVI-R - ($119.95) Desktop computer with one or more DVI-I video ports. This model is used when there are two DVI ports or when the 4 small holes of the DVI port of the computer face AWAY from the other connector(s). Can drive both DVI and VGA monitors and includes the USB login keypad. Requires available USB port. Compatible with Windows 98, XP and Vista.
|Not sure which model to order? Click here
|PCM-DVI-L - ($119.95) Desktop computer with one or more DVI-I video ports. This model is used when there is only one DVI port AND when the 4 small holes of the DVI port of the computer face TOWARD the other connectors. Can drive both DVI and VGA monitors and includes the USB login keypad. Requires available USB port. Compatible with Windows 98, XP and Vista.
|Not sure which model to order? Click here
PC Moderator Features
· Supports 8 password protected users (in addition to parent and setup users
· Independent limit settings for each user (time ranges/amount in 1-minute intervals)
· Limit settings can be set by day of week, weekdays, weekend days and holidays
· Automatic User 1 login feature automatically enables User 1 when time is authorized
· Weekly Limits allow parents to set an allowed weekly total (in addition to other limits)
· Allowance feature to reward good behavior with computer time (i.e. token economy)
· Usage reports can now be generated by user to monitor own computer use.
· Easy setup of a restricted time period during the day for homework, chores or meals
· Holiday settings allow relaxed limits during child's vacation or holidays from school.
· Nighttime display dim (PCM-VGA) helps reduce biological effects of late night computer use
· Daily user enable feature allows parents to manually enable use once each day
· Bonus time feature allows from 10-90 minutes of time easily added by parent
· User-disable feature with re-enable date (i.e. for computer grounding)
· Computer Use Report provides daily usage and period average use statistics
· Parent User allows unlimited use without setup access to reduce risk of tampering
· Automatically logs out users when computer is turned off, shutdown or placed in standby
· Internal setup password override jumper if the setup password is forgotten/changed
· Lithium battery-backed internal clock with Daylight Saving Time prevents time tampering
· Can be configured on one computer and installed on another (easy computer upgrade)
· Time remaining indication on screen (PCM-VGA) or keypad LED (PCM-DVI)
· 10, 5 and 1 minute screen warnings of impending time expiration
· Optional USB upgrade kit with Login keypad (PCM-VGA)